Sabado, Agosto 6, 2011

Kuneho Prod: Batangas Hardcore

Batangas underground music scene won't be as loud as the mainstream if it weren't for those production teams who create events that would showcase the local talents.

July 30, 2011, Kuneho Production, a local production team in Batangas celebrated its 1st year through a one night gig and at the same time it was also an audition for Muziklaban Rock Challenge 2011. 


(Please don't tell my mom that I was there :] )

My cousin's band, Addareum, was one of the bands that played that night and of course, I have to be there. The venue was in J4 Greenhut Restobar in Malvar, Batangas. I went there earlier so I could prepare everything for the band for they said I was their Road Manager. So, I did what they said. I was a bit nervous because they do not know the place and it's their first time going there. So I kept on texting them to see if they were going the right way. It was raining really hard that night but i was still crossing my fingers, hoping that it would stop ven just for a while.

Some bands were already making their way through the dark path way of the bar but my cousin and his bandmates haven't arrived yet. As expected, the gig started very late (Filipino time). There were a total of 12 bands that were lined up for that night and we got slot number 4. Addareum came just in time the event started. We were a bit nervous because they were the only Laguna-based band in the line up and the rest are all homegrown Batanguenyos. We watched the first bands before them and they were really great. Their screams and growls will totally make your eardrums bleed if you are a noob in that kind of music. A friend of mine got a bit shocked because of all the noise she heard. I didn't know that it was her first time attending an event like that. She was really new to it and I told her that it is actually the norms in underground scene. 

Addareum singing their cover song from Love Me Butch, Hollywood Holiday

We went home right after Addareum played because it was already around 2 in the morning and we still have to head straight to Laguna. The event was great but not totally for the band. They felt that the hospitality wasn't that visible but to sum it up, they all did a great job. We should really thank production teams like Kuneho Prod because they unite those underground musicians to spread their message to the listeners especially to those who do not like their music.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento