It is really hard living in the suburbs of this country. The opportunities are very limited and when you’ve really got no choice left, you tend to be deceived by flowery words by those high ranking people. And this scenario is portrayed in the film “Rekrut”,a film by Danilo Gomez Anonuevo and an official entry to last year’s (2010) Cinemalaya Film Festival.
The movie tells a story about a group of young boys, portrayed by mostly mainstream actors (e.g. JM de Guzman, Emilio Garcia, Alwyn Uytingco and Dominic Roco), living in Mindanao. Earning money is really hard for guys like them because opportunities are too far to reach. This made them easily deceived by a military officer’s convincing powers. The hunger for money led them to be train as so-called “special force” without knowing the real reason behind everything they were doing. But all their hopes fell when slowly they discovered their mistake. They were not really supported by the government and it was just something planned by those corrupt officials for their own benefits.
I actually never liked watching local military-oriented films. I just don’t find it very amusing. (I am talking about those mainstream movies.) They just won’t reach my expectations (or maybe it’s just because I love watching foreign films rather than local ones). I thought it would be a lousy one but I was wrong. The movie was action packed and yet it portrayed the real drama behind those guns held by those ordinary people seeking life’s sweetness through bloodshed. It’s really heart-breaking when you know that people easily get fooled because of their lack of knowledge. And curse those wicked ones who take advantage of other’s weaknesses.

Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento