Sabado, Agosto 6, 2011

Lucky Me :3

I never felt too lucky in games of luck. I was always the hopeful one, crossing all my fingers thinking that my fingers would be able to manipulate the results. But I was always the wrong one. Wrong choice. Wrong instinct. Wrong timing. But not with TICKETS, specifically CONCERT TICKETS.

Event #1--Myx Mo 2009/2010

This annual event of the MYX music channel is one of my most anticipated events of the year. I always wait for updates about this event together with my friends who are also music lovers. Whenever this event is approaching I always tell myself that I am going to save money so I can buy tickets. But I never managed to save enough money. I know I am not so good in budgeting that's why I usually have problems with money. But things are favoring me whenever the event is getting near. I usually don't expect my mom to give me money for it but she did. So I was able to go to Manila and attend the event. But our usual problem was the ticket buying. Last 2009, it was like we were in Amazing Race. The tickets can only be bought in one store inside SM Mall of Asia. We all know how big MOA is. We ran as fast as we could because everyone else wanted to buy a VIP ticket. I almost dropped my heart and lungs while running. We've ran from building to building hoping that we'll find the store before anyone else does. Luckily, we found the store and we were able to buy the VIP tickets. All the hustle and bustle were all worth it because after buying the ticket, we got a chance to be in the very front line, so near to the stage. It was like a paradise in front of us though we were like sardines fried in hell.I was able to watch my idols live on stage. It was like I was dreaming and that they were performing just for me, only for me. That night I really felt so lucky despite of all the unfortunate events we had on our way.
Nash, Kean and I after Myx Mo event

Event#2-- Jack Daniel's the JD Set Reveal Night (April 15, 2011)

I consider that night as the luckiest night of my entire life. It wasn't just a simple gig watching but that night I was able to mingle with all the musicians in the event. It felt more like heaven though my legs were dying. I was the lucky girl who won the tickets for the exclusive show. I never expected that I'll be able to win invites for the show. I was just surfing the net and BOOM! I saw this event on the Facebook page. My favorite band was on the list that was why I eagerly joined the contests. There were 3 contests that I joined. The first one was a "photo-tagging contest" wherein I have to tag a certain number of friends in the photo and send the link to them. The second one was conducted by the fan page's admin, I have to rank my top 7 bands on their wall. The third one was conducted by the band Blue Boy Bites Back. They asked what our favorite song from their album was so I answered it (though I am not a very big fan of the band). Unexpectedly, I won on the second one and I got a ticket for two. I jumped my butt off my chair when I read a message from the page's admin. I was insanely telling myself, " OMFG! I won!! I have to be there!"  My mom who was right beside me was like startled with my actions. She said that I am over reacting. If I know, if that was a ticket for Piolo Pascual's concert, she'd probably be screaming her lungs out. I grabbed my phone and tried to contact my cousin Japz. He was the only one I wanted to come with and I was pretty sure that he knows the place. The day came and I was so excited that I even arrived to our meeting place an hour ahead. When he came we started our adventure. I thought he knew the venue but I was wrong! He didn't know the place either. So we started walking and tried looking for the place. And there we were, walking for almost two hours. We almost zipped the road of the entire Pasong Tamo until the Pasong Tamo Extension. We got it all wrong. We wallked the wrong way. We thought the venue was a bar but it was not. It was like a warehouse turned into a function hall. We both felt too stupid. We arrived just in time before the deadline. I felt relieved when I got the tickets.
Me, held captive by Mr. Bones

But what amazed me the most was I realized that I was surrounded by my idols, the musicians I look up to. They were just there beside us chatting, laughing and they were smiling at me whenever our eyes met. Then I just found myself actually chatting with them. it was as if we were good friends already. We were talking about music, the pizza, the Jack Daniel's, the Hurley-Davidson and everything else. The event started and I was so starstrucked when I found myself in a pool of artists. They were also there to watch the event and support the bands. Luckily, I was able to occupy the very front of the stage, as in I can almost grab their feet if I could. I was singing to the top of my lungs just like everyone else beside me. After the bands, we decided to go out to have some fresh air. Outside we saw my favorite band, Mr. Bones and the Boneyard Circus. We tried approaching them and they were so kind. We were able to talk to them and they were like telling stories about how they came there, Alvin's lunch, JM's baller ID, Mr.Bone's tattoos and Juni's noose neck tie. Good thing I understand English well because most of them were really English speakers. I was able to have my album signed by them and now it's my most precious property. I also saw other bands like Paramita, Franco, Urbandub, Kelevra, Blue Boy Bites Back and Miggy! It was the best night ever though I deprived of sleep. When I came home, I slept the whole day of course. The next day I surfed the net again. My jaw dropped when I found out that I also won on Blue Boy Bites Back's contest. If I only knew it, I would have let my classmate come with me. But still I felt so lucky because of that event.

Event#3-- Jack Daniel's the JD Set Tour Launch (August 19, 2011)

Printscreen of the JD page :]
I thought that would be the first and the last time I'll be attending a Jack Daniel's event but I don't think it is. The other night, as usual, I was surfing the net and I passed by the Jack Daniel's page again. There I saw another contest for the official launch of the event. I felt an adrenaline rush once again and I joined the contest. The only thing I have to do is to answer the trivia. It was hard so I Googled it. Fortunately, I found the answer. I waited for the night to end and for the results to come. Praise Google! I got it right and I won 2 tickets! I was screaming silently when I read my name on the list. I am so looking forward to see the bands again. And I really have to be there!

What's my poison? MUSIC.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento