That was a very long holiday for us non-sporting type of individuals.
Pistakasan.
This is the annual inter-college sporting event of Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas and this has been one of my most awaited events of the year or semester. I am not saying that I am so excited for it because I am an athlete but because I know that it will be another long holiday for me. And I can do anything I want. And I know it isn't right.
But, what is the real essence of Pistakasan?
It is said prior to the event that an annual intramural is held to build unity among students from different colleges through the various sports. Athletes during this season are really visible in every corner of the campus. While others are playing or preparing for a game, some roam around just to find a perfect spot to see their favorite athletes play.But how about those who are not athletes nor interested in the games? They would rather go to the mall, spend the day with someone else or go home, just like what I did. I have to admit that I didn't watch any game in the event except for the cheering competition. If it weren't for my friend who almost broke her bones for the dance.
So, how was the cheer dance competition?
It was, as usual, predictable. What do we expect from Nursing group, CITHM group, and CBA group? They are always the one ruling the competition. I actually feel pity on our own department, CEAS because we all know that in the very first place, we won't ever win against them, yet we still fight. I guess that is why we are called Warriors. Anyway, the stunts and exhibitions were astounding and really jaw-dropping. Obviously, the big departments really spent a lot of money just to provide all that they need to win. Some didn't spend too much because they already know they won't win. I guess that's life.
Where is the unity?
I can't see it. Unity is still missing. Students from different colleges have their own lives and they do not care about others. I guess Pistakasan is just really for fun in favor of the students. And for the professors, it is a big hindrance for their pending lessons. And for the school management? A waste of time and money.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento